Paul Sullivan was most recently the Legal Administrator for the Peoria firm of Quinn Johnston Henderson & Pretorius from August 1987 through January 2009. He is an adjunct consultant with Olmstead & Associates, and now does freelance consulting for small firms, solo practitioners, associations, and other small business entities through his part time consulting firm “On Call Management, Inc”. Paul has more than 40 years of extensive experience in the management of business operations. His expertise includes General Management, Financial Management, Human Resources, Facilities Management including Branch office operations, and Technology. Other credentials include:
- Author of articles for various legal management publications.
- Author of a column in the Illinois Bar News – “The Lawyers Office“.
- Participant in Illinois State Bar Association programs on Law Office Management.
- Presenter at the ISBA 2006 Small Firm and Solo Conference (Show Me the Money – How Effective Accounting Systems in a Law firm enhance profitability)
- Member of the Planning Committee for the 2007 ISBA Small Firm and Solo Conference
- Member of the Planning Committee for the 2008 ISBA Small Firm and Solo Conference
- Presenter at the 2007 ISBA Small Firm and Solo Conference (Managing Employees in a Law Firm – Reducing Ethics Violations and Managing for Better Performance).
- Active member of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- Charter member and former President of the Central Illinois Chapter of ALA.
- Current charter member and past President of the Cyber Chapter of ALA
- Named a Life Member of the Cyber Chapter of ALA in May 2008
- Chair of the ISBA Standing Committee on Law Office Management and Economics for 2006-2007, and was an active member of that committee for more than 10 years.
- Former member of the Central Illinois College Paralegal advisory committee
- Former board member of the Peoria Area Economic Development Council.
- Treasurer Multiple Political Campaign Committees
- Trustee —Spalding Council 427 Knights of Columbus – current
- Treasurer – Board of Directors (Third Degree Club) Knights of Columbus – current
Prior to joining the Law Firm, Paul spent more than 12 years in business and business development as owner and operator of a successful wholesale and distribution company. He also held various Sales and management supervisory positions with Burroughs Corporation (now Unisys). He holds a bachelors degree from Western Illinois University and has completed numerous management and professional development programs over the years.
Deanna M. Sullivan has extensive knowledge in Office Management operations and office organization and layout. Along with her husband Paul, she operated a very successful wholesale distribution business for over 10 years. After working in various accounting positions for five years, she joined Bremer Jewelry as their Office Administrator in 1991. For 16 years at Bremer’s, she participated as a member of the management team in the significant growth of a very small one location store to one of the largest Jewelry businesses in downstate Illinois. Her responsibilities included accounting, human resources, and facilities. She was instrumental in the procurement and implementation of a very sophisticated computerized inventory control, retail point of sale and accounting system for the company. In addition, as a member of the management team, she was involved in the discussion and ultimate implementation of company growth strategy. She left Bremer’s in May 2006 and was immediately contracted as a part time consultant by Kevin Kelly Jewelers to assist in their growth and development. DD has expertise in all levels of office operations, particularly Quick Books Retail Point of Sale and Accounting Systems.